A few weeks ago Skylar and I trekked across the great state of Wisconsin, all the way over to Milwaukee for an Alumni basketball game at UWM. (University of Wis-Milwaukee) I hadn't been back in a few years...ok more like 7 and decided it was time to re-visit my past. Bill and Annelise stayed home. She doesn't travel well and Bill had just returned from a week long business trip to D.C. and wanted to recoup over the weekend. So "Girls Weekend" it was. We left Friday afternoon and Skylar was content to put the DVD player to good use.
Hit Milwaukee right around 5:30pm in time for rush hour. Checked into the hotel, had dinner with our friend Bob, went back to the hotel and to bed. Saturday morning woke up bright and early, had breakfast and headed over to the gym. A place I almost literally lived in for 4 years of my life. (That and the architecture building.) We saw lots of old teammates and my coach. Not much has changed. It was nice to visit though and I'm glad we went. Skylar had a good time, even if she did wake up Saturday morning and ask first thing, "When can we go home." We left after the Alumni game was over and didn't stay to watch the current team play Youngstown. Would've been fun but we did have 6 hours in the car ahead of us.
Skylar and Victor E., (get it Victory?...groan) the panther, our mascot.
Large group photo of the alumni and some family. Most of the players directly in front of and next to us were my teammates. The coach is 2 people to the left of us in the back. Next year, if my knees hold up til then, I think I'll play.



No comments:
Post a Comment