Skylar has been fairly outspoken since the time she learned to talk around 12-18 months. And ever since then we've been laughing all the way. She has her Dad's sense of humor and timing which will prove to be fun and interesting as life goes on. I wish I would've documented more of her 'Funnies' over the last year or so, but alas I didn't and so we begin today.
The other night Skylar and Bill were on the couch. Skylar was lying on her blanket, or 'Bu-bee' as she calls it, relaxing as it was getting close to bedtime. So Bill says, "Skylar, isn't 'Bu-bee' the best." And Skylar responds, "No, I'm the best."
Then a few nights later I was in the bathroom with her, brushing her teeth before bed and she says, "Mommy you're the best!" It was very sweet and I smiled and said, "Thank you Skylar." However my basking in motherly-glow was fairly short lived as she quickly replied, "Now you say I'm the best too." I'm not sure if I was just the set up, but we take it where we can get it.
And while we'd like our girls to be strong, self-reliant, confident individuals with a positive self-image, maybe we'll work on other ways of praising her so as not to let her Ego go unchecked. I suppose until she starts boasting these things outside the house around her friends, we'll hope is just a phase.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment